Friday 2 November 2012

Waverunner

Waverunner


lmost every book written about Nikola Tesla mentions the inventor's unusual behaviors. The speculation is that Tesla had a type of obsessive-compulsive disorder or rare form of autism. Tesla himself commented on his peculiarities, matter of factly, and often in a humorous way.
"I had a veritable mania for finishing whatever I began," he says, "which often got me into difficulties. On one occasion, I started to read the works of Voltaire when I learned, to my dismay, that there were close on one hundred large volumes in small print which that monster had written while drinking seventy-two cups of black coffee per diem. It had to be done, but when I laid aside the last book I was very glad, and said, 'Never more!'"
It is precisely this tenacity, this inability to quit, that propelled Tesla to many of his greatest achievements. Where others would be inclined to give up, Tesla kept plugging away, unable to stop until he reached his goal. This must have made it all the more difficult when Tesla had to declare bankruptcy, all but ending his hopes of establishing a global wireless power system.

Waverunner

Waverunner

Waverunner

Waverunner

Waverunner

Waverunner

Waverunner

Waverunner

Waverunner


No comments:

Post a Comment